Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tubby Tuesdays Three

 Why did I start this?  Would someone please talk some damn sense into me when I get on the crazy train and make commitments like this.  Now, every Tuesday I have to sit down and get introspective on my feelings towards being overweight.  I was going to skip today's post and see if anyone noticed but, I've also started a bucket list and on it is to always "follow through", so now I'm doubly screwed.

Recent developments in the medical mystery that is my life has prevented me from even thinking about going to that dark place where I exercise and actually do something beneficial for my body.  My doctor feels an arrhythmia is my pulse so I'm getting a fancy Holter Monitor to wear around for a day (not my idea of great fashion statement).  I still think this is all related to Graves' Disease so not too annoyed worried but, I am totally exhausted daily so I don't think I can even scrape up the energy to do much else than what I need to or sit on my butt and blog.  As stated before I'm hoping early 2011 will bring some solid answers so I can put together a plan without any guesswork involved.  I have to say that this second bout of short-term setbacks in the health department have really made me want to grasp some sort of vitality, slowly my mindset is changing yet again towards wanting a life full of wellness.  Hindsight....always hindsight, let's pray I learn my lesson this time.

Still making small changes, in preparation for a healthier me...once I escape from this dark place in the corner of my mind and can actually set something in motion.  Still with the water, the night eating remains at a much lower consistency (but, it's still there), PGX Daily is still steady and this week I've begun to automate my breakfasts.

This is a very important step for us food addicts to take.  Breakfast is single-handedly the most important meal of the day.  If you haven't heard this before you have been living under a rock, you could also be deaf which is not funny.  The best way to ensure you get the most benefit out of breakfast and to break the temptation of  ripping your bosses delicious toasted white bread english muffin with melt-y salted butter on top right out of her hands and stuffing it in your mouth is to automate it.  No thinking, no swaying and you do it in such a manner to where you know you are putting some quality fuel into that soon to be hot bod of yours, if only but, once a day.  I find that as soon as I start to think about food or planning a meal, all my senses become alive and my mind starts reeling on whether I'm making the right choices, I can get obsessive about the "healthy" food I'm about to ingest which is the very behaviour I want to change.  First, I must establish a routine, break certain taste habits and the only way to do this is by repetition and the elimination of thought.

Everyday I eat this:

1 serving (with 1% milk or Rice milk) of Eco-Planet hot cereal
1 serving fruit (banana, orange, berries or an apple)
1 boiled Free Range Omega 3 Egg   -or-  1 serving low fat yogurt

It's easy, it's healthy and although I was fairly pouty about it the first few days, I now actually look forward to eating it every morning....especially the cereal, it's so darn delicious and easy!  The best part is that I don't have to think about what I'm going to eat because that's usually when I make the worst decisions.

Oh wow, my husband is running on the treadmill behind me and the noise is making me feel a little homicidal....must hurt Hasslehoff wannabe.....whatever I'll catch up, don't you worry. 

- The St.Godard Brood Keeper (Shakin' my money maker...waiting for it to stop jiggling)

No comments:

Post a Comment