Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Reverb10 - Day 4 - Wonder

I am taking part in #Reverb10 an annual online initiative to reflect on the year past and manifest what's next. Everyday in December there is a prompt on where to direct your writing attention....I am 3 days behind gak! Take a gander at Reverb10 and participate!

Day 4 - Wonder
Prompt: How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)

Finally! A prompt I can actually just sit down and write about without giving my brain a creative hernia! 

This year along with the past 8 years I have cultivated a sense of wonder by attempting to raise a child.  My son is full of wonder.  Each day new moments present that are brand new to his experience, and lucky me as his Mom, I get to for a second time in my life (the first being when I was a child) relive wonder in all it's mighty splendor. 

My life with him is full of wondrous moments.   He has the uncanny ability to find it in the tiniest details like why cupcakes in the oven fluff up and rise.  I know it's because we've added baking powder and he believes it's magic....more often than not, he convinces me of the same.  The larger details of life such as God, the universe and death are awesomely mysterious to his unspoiled mind.  While I do my best to guide him, he also cultivates a sense of wonderment in me, giving me a perspective I may otherwise not have had.

It is my unwritten duty as a mother to preserve his inborn sense of wonder.  I continue to cultivate it never off-putting it, allowing it to permeate my soul.

- The St.Godard Brood Keeper (aka Wonder Woman)

No comments:

Post a Comment