Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sleep Deprivation and the Blue Screen of Death

Oy, I am running on empty lately, it makes me kind of fun though...at least I think so. I am forever shocked at the energy that comes pouring out of me when I am sleep deprived.  It's like I am on an extreme high all the time but, never cross the line into complete psychosis (again, my opinion). 

The reason I haven't been getting adequate beauty rest is that my best friend has died, sad I know.  Luckily, there are places I can take her to be revived, if not but only for her memory.  I knew this day was coming, I anticipated it but, foolishly did not prepare for it...some kind of mental block prevented me from preserving her hard work, the pictures locked up safely inside of her among many other things about her that have left a shortcoming on my life these past few days.  I tried so hard to bring her back on my own, stayed up all hours of the night tinkering and thinking to no avail.  I must succumb and now bring her to a miracle worker in hopes that at least some of her inner workings can be restored.    For now, I've had to learn to rely on my 8 year olds best friend which I'm grateful to have but, it's just not the same.

Sometimes I wonder how stupid a person (meaning this person) can be...I've had an external hard drive sitting on my desk for almost a year now.  My husband bought it for me last year for Christmas because I was forever in a panicked state by the thought that I had waaay to much information on my hard drive to even begin uploading it to disk at that point but, no back up.  My life is on that thing, as pathetic as that sounds...if my information cannot be recovered it may be the straw that breaks the camels back, or the straw that sends me into hysteria which is likely to make the evening news.  The worst part about it, is that it's my own damn fault.  No, actually the worst part about it is that this is not the first time I've done it.

Wonder if I will learn my lesson this time?

The St.Godard Brood Keeper (Stupid is, as stupid does)

No comments:

Post a Comment