Monday, February 07, 2011

Skinny Bitches

Haven't posted something positive in some time....totally obsessed with project 365 and being all OCD with it has taken up oodles of my time.  I'm behind 2 episodes of the Biggest Loser and never miss that show (another obsession) so that gives you an accurate gauge of how important 365 has become to me. 

Speaking of Biggest Loser...bet you thought I'd already fallen off the wagon with my whole healthy lifestyle attempts.....quelle surprise you were wrong.  Maybe you did have a little faith in me this time, if so I will happily accept monetary contributions towards my cause, you know...so I can buy carrots.

I'm officially down 7 pounds so far (shhh don't tell my trainer I weighed myself).  I only did it because right now I am not allowed to exercise according to the all mighty Dr. so I wanted to make sure I was on the right track with my food.  I even started counting calories so I could record it against my Basal Metabolic Rate but, that only lasted a few days because it takes waaaay too much effort on my part.  I got the all clear this week to exercise and can really kick project Buns o' Steel into high gear. 

Recently I learned that my work is closing down the first week of August and since Aidan is spending the WHOLE summer in St.Malo (can I get a hell-ya) I'm going to head out there for the week to spend some time with him.   I am determined to actually feel comfortable half nude in front of a beach full of people this year....if that's even possible.  It's been far too long since I've actually felt good about the way I look in a bathing suit....there was a time though, that is only a distant memory to me now.  It's probably a good thing I don't have a picture of that time.  It would most likely lead to me crying fully clothed on the floor of the shower with it in my clutches. 

So remember when I said that I had calculated to have 2 extras a week would be okay.  Well, I've managed to do less than that.  I usually have 1 extra (aside from one weekend at mom's) and I'm thinking of cutting that out too and just reserving extras for special occasions or time's when I'm out and really want something.   They make me feel like a total bag of shit the next day so I think they are worth not planning anymore.

I have NEVER started a healthy lifestyle and not been grumpy, tired or generally experiencing the feeling that I am depriving myself of something....but, this plan is golden.  Judd's sister is a master (possibly playing Jedi mind tricks on me), I have not had one time where I felt hungry or deprived or even grumpy.  Best of all it's working without exercise!!!  I noticed a fairly heavy weight loss in the first 3 weeks and last week was only a 1 pound drop which tells me it's time to get movin'.

2 girlfriends and I have decided to team up Biggest Loser style and report to our weight every week which will be calculated as percentage of body weight lost.  Whoever loses the least percentage after 5 months has to buy the other 2 dinner....and you'd better believe it won't be a healthy dinner either.  Pulling out all the stops for that one (unless I'm buying...yikes). 

There aren't many things about being a woman that are wonderful unless you count vaginal births, c-sections, PMS, bunions and hammer toes from high heels and natural fat deposits on your hips and ass wonderful.  Aside from all that, the thing I like about women (well most women, maybe only some women) is the fierce support you can get from them.  There is no support like that which you get from your girlfriends, mothers, sisters and so on and so forth.  I like that we've made a pact to be accountable to one another and that we are there to help each other along the way.  We've all had babies....all have the same abdominal surgery scar (although theirs were to bring life into the world and mine are for vanity) and we all carry the battle scars of pregnancy.  Although we realize every stretch mark was worth it in the end, I think it gives us all the more reason to want to look good physically as we have a slight disadvantage already in that department.  Unless there is a club that considers stretch marks a favorable characteristic and if so, where do I sign up?

So every Monday, unless I am too lazy or grumpy to post (okay I'll do it anyway) I will post our stats for the week.  We all realize that the scale is not the all mighty when it comes to weight loss and it's really about how you feel but, it's a fucking competition people!  We need a measuring system!

Here's the first stats (last 2 weeks combined).  Maybe I'll sneak over to their houses late at night and take pictures of them so you can have a visual of who I'm talking about.   I could also ask them for a photo but, that might make things too complicated.

Skinny Bitch      Start Weight       Loss lbs     % weight loss    Total lbs   Total % 

SARAH                      172                   3                   1.74%               3            1.74%

KIM                            207                  5                    2.42%              5             2.42%

PAM                           194                   5                    2.58%              5            2.58% 

I've been eating properly with no exercise.  Pam has been eating healthy and exercising with at home videos (she is also breastfeeding = cheating...kidding Pam).  Kim is an unofficial Weight Watchers member and is on the treadmill at least 4 hours a week. 

Looks like Pam is the winner for our first 2 weeks.  Great work Pam!  I need to find a way to sabotage you take a page out of your book!

If you're a lady friend and you have some extra poundage to loose, maybe you want to be a skinny bitch too?  Feel free to join....there may be a prize in it at the end but, maybe not.


- The St.Godard Brood Keeper (Fat bitch gettin' skinny...with her friends)

No comments:

Post a Comment