Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Easing into 2007

Well 2007 hasn't been the most exciting so far.....I had just finished reading a magazine and realized I hadn't posted in 16 days now simply because there has been nothing interesting to say really. Our lives seem to be at a stand still which is usually what I hope the most for, however not conducive to keeping up a weekly rant about your family life. Here goes nothing I will try to make the past few weeks as exciting as I can for your entertainment!

Judd and Aidan did attend Ukrainian Christmas a few weeks ago with the Gawronsky's which proved to be a great time for both of them. I opted out of going as January 1st I caught the dreaded disease going around and have yet to fully recover from it and I also had to work on the Sunday as my work schedule is getting less and less favorable as my length of employment becomes longer. It worked out for the best as I was able to take down our Christmas decorations (far overdue) and it allowed Judd and Aidan to spend the whole weekend there as originally planned (before I had to work). They experienced the traditional 13 (I think) meatless dishes Judd saying the Borscht (spelling?) was his fave and Aidan helped make stuffing (or so I saw pictures) and had fun opening some more Christmas gifts. Later Josh and Joey had a contest to see who could lay in the snow in their underwear the longest which I was also privileged to see pictures of (and haven't had a good nights sleep since....) Apparently that was not tradition per say but may become one in the future considering how entertaining it turned out to be!

We also attended my God Daughters 2nd birthday party which was one of life's little pleasures to see such a beautiful darling finding her individuality. She was quite the hostess for the entire event and we loved sharing that day with her for sure! It is nice for Aidan too that more people we know have children now as apparently when we had him others were forbidden to have children??? He always enjoys a good birthday party and is still reaping the rewards with the infamous "goodie bag" he received!

As for Mr. Aidan he is doing well, however we have found him to be a little bratty lately and have had to resort to some of our old disciplinary tactics (counting to 3 and taking away a precious toy) It seems like so long that we've had to resort to these measures however it appears he is entering a stage where his independence is very important to him and he does not like to be told what to do (eating, sleeping, personal hygiene, manners, bed time). Hopefully it will not last too long as the rolling of the eyes, back talk and stomping of the feet is getting tiresome quickly. I don't think we can start the whole "Santa won't bring you presents" speech yet so I am unsure as to how much leverage we really have!

Yesterday Aidan became a target for abuse at his daycare and needless to say I picked him up only to find an "incident" report in his mail slot. He had been punched in the back hard enough to leave a mark and pushed into a bookshelf....poor little guy. He stuck to his guns though and did what we told him, told the bully he didn't like that (confront your attacker) and the 2nd time it happened went and told a leader (get the jerk in trouble!) Didn't hear anything today so it appears the bully has regressed for now.

And all that's left is that it is so frigging cold that I went grocery shopping today and forgot my mitts at home so I had to buy a new pair to load the groceries and then waited for Judd to come home to unload them as I was too big of a suck to do it myself...decided to put an attached garage on my to-do list, and mittens on a string! The sweet luxury I had of leaving 15 minutes before my shift at work and getting there 10 minutes early has come to a bitter end as they have moved to a building on Osborne St. Now I have a parking stall at my mom's new apartment on Corydon and then a 15 minute walk to the new place...better than taking 2 buses I guess but not if it stays this cold! My sister in-law says it's funny how when I started this job I was all gun-ho and now when someone asks me how work is going I say "it's work" it has officially become "just a job" however I am not complaining as it is indeed a job and a job is what I needed!

We are also in the beginning stages of planning a wedding, and no not for someone else, ours! It will be abroad somewhere undetermined and more information will be shared as it is known, however you can guess that we are very excited to be finally taking the steps towards making this thing "official". I think after a child, a cat, a dog, a mortgage, a car payment, joint loans and credit cards we are finally ready to commit and yet I don't think we left much of an option not to there!

Anyhow....there are no pictures, I checked the camera and only found New Years ones so that will be my resolution for 2007....to take more pictures! I can add that to the multitude of other resolutions I've made (I like to think if I have a lot of them the odds are better I can stick to 1!) I did however accomplish last year's which was to quit smoking and I celebrated my 1 year quit anniversary on January 9th and am only back up to a pack a day (Just kidding, haven't even touched one!) so a little pat on the back for me is in order and trust me I've given myself plenty already....feels good to breath!

Hope you are all happy and healthy in mind, body and spirit.....or on your way to getting there!

Love; Judd, Sarah, Aidan, Kneesaa & Ichabod

No comments:

Post a Comment